General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need installation guide on shift cable under the car 1993 honda accord auto tran

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:00 AM
Default Need installation guide on shift cable under the car 1993 honda accord auto tran

Car wont go in the proper gears due shift cable moving out of position because I needed the little cover off (to assemble oil pan). At least I think that is the problem. It wont shift properly if it's not in the right position. I have been searching the internet. And I have not found out what it's suppose to look like under the car.

Need installation guide on shift cable under the car 1993 honda accord. (automatic transmission)
After my oil pan and gasket replacement. I forget how the shift cable is suppose to be setup. I know how to reassemble the cable shift cover. Where it goes to.
But it appears to be hanging there from the other side ( where it comes from). I took off the front pipe. I want to leave the front pipe off is that okay? Because I need to replace the catalytic converter. And possibly want to take it to the exhaust auto shop. Because the flange is so rusted. I don't know if I can get it off.

Is it just the end of the shift cable that needs to be positioned correctly? If it was out of position, do I need to reposition it? Anyone have experience with this?

Old 07-15-2019, 04:43 PM

Update: Never mind. I put the shift cable back in it's original position. And put the bracket back on. Everything is working as it it should. Apparently it controls a lever and it needs to be in a certain position. Thanks guys. D now actually drives forward! And P doesn't roll back anymore.