General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need tips on Accord Race car

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Default RE: Need tips on Accord Race car

ORIGINAL: FinleyRacing37

well the only real rules are no liter upgrades, only 4cly, no turbo, sc, or awd.
So I guess you could swap it with an H22 if you wanted, or swap on an H22 head. but both of those will require some prettyextensive mechanical knowledge. if I were you...I would do as blk said and convert to manual if you think you may be able to DIY it.
I assume nitrous is not allowed?

Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
FinleyRacing37
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

well the only real rules are no liter upgrades, only 4cly, no turbo, sc, or awd.
So I guess you could swap it with an H22 if you wanted, or swap on an H22 head. but both of those will require some prettyextensive mechanical knowledge. if I were you...I would do as blk said and convert to manual if you think you may be able to DIY it.
nope no nitrious... i have a buddy that put the h22 head idea in my well... head and he said could help... but i will say i will be putting an Honda Accord Forum logo on the car for all your help!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

So I guess you could swap it with an H22 if you wanted, or swap on an H22 head. but both of those will require some pretty extensive mechanical knowledge. if I were you...I would do as blk said and convert to manual if you think you may be able to DIY it.
nope no nitrious... i have a buddy that put the h22 head idea in my well... head and he said could help... but i will say i will be putting an Honda Accord Forum logo on the car for all your help!
Nice! Speaking of which, we need to revive the HAF sticker idea. We MUST be better than 6GA!! You said this was an oval track, right? I would keep the auto tranny if it is, it has longer gearing than the manual, meaning faster top speed.