General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 'girl' here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Wink New 'girl' here!

Hello everyone!

I own a 2005 4cl Honda Accord Coupe purchased new. I love my car and keep it maintenance regularly. I currently have 226k miles in the eleven years of ownership with relatively no problems, that is, until lately. Lately I have been experiencing very slow/sluggish acceleration (especially with AC on), low gas mileage, and after long periods of driving, 2-3 hours straight, my ‘D’ gear-shift light begins to blank continuously. I also sometimes get the engine raving-up while idle.

My Honda dealership cannot seem to pinpoint what the problem is. I get the same answer each time; unless they can get a code reading, they can’t tell me what’s causing these latest problems. I recently had a tune-up, transmission fluid drain & fill, ethanol fuel system service, and airfilter replaced.

Car seems to shift ok, it does not jerk or shake, it’s just slow picking up speed. I am hoping my transmission is not failing. What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Old 07-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Shame on Honda mechanics. Not having a check engine light is no reason to send you on your way! They have equipment which can monitor many critical parameters and should be able to understand the problem.

Suggest complaining to local service manager first, explaining that you expect service to diagnose the problem.

If inadequate response go to Honda district management to complain.

Note, good diagnostics can identify your problem, however you have seen how much work is performed today; identify code from PCM and start replacing parts.

good luck

Old 07-22-2016, 08:55 AM

Thanks TexasHonda great advice!