General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New here! 97 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Reverb728
Unregistered
Default New here! 97 Accord

Hey guys, totally new to this whole car modding business. I've been lurking for a few days trying to find out as much as I can as fast as I can. From what I've read, the best bang for my buck (High school student here) would be a header, intake, and exhaust mod (h/i/e correct?). I do have a few questions though:
I live in Florida, so would it be best to get an SRI due to how wet it can get down here? Also, if someone could point me in the right direction for header and exhaust mods on a 97 V6 4dr. Accord, that'd be great.
Thanks guys.

Some other things I plan on doing would be simple things like
New speakers
lip kit
Halogen lights
New rims
and my friend got a Magnaflow muffler put in his Integra, they also cut out his resonator. Could this be done to my car as well? He said it would be cheaper than his, because he has dual exhaust, and he paid about 300 bucks. I really liked the sound of it, it was deep, and not loud or annoying, sort of classy in a way.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Default RE: New here! 97 Accord

yo yo yo man i got the same car as you... engine code c27a4.. As far as the Sir, Japan nor euro made an Honda Accord v6 between 96-97.. so for that idea we are **** outta luck.
Exhaust
has to be custom, so find a muffler you like , myself i chose a HKS Ti-carbon and its really nice. not high, not to low.. free way driving is nice hardly noticable, but idle is beautiful... I am running a high flow cat and no resonators...
Intake.. I think Weapon R is the only actual company out there that has one, although i could be mistaking... but other then that check ebay,. a lot of really cheap ones or just go to auto one and get some tubing and make one yourself... as far as
headers, dont be fooled by a lot of sites that say it fits V6 and 2.2L.... they dont, the only header i have found is by OBX if i remeber right... they market it for the 89 legend which shares that same motor as us...
speakers are easy to find nothing different about them then the other accords... same size front and back, i went through crutchfield
Lights i got some 9000K hid lights that look really nice
not the best picture in the owrld but will do for now.
Lip Kit, as far as the lip kit i have no idea.. i am going to order one soon because i have been told they will fit and then somepoepl have said they wont given our bumpers are different length and width.. but im sure you will see apost baout it on here sometime.
Rims are completly your style and your taste my friend. I have always personally thought abotu getting the 4 to 5 lug convertion to fit more wheels...

hope all this info helped. but sorry to say most everythign on our cars are completly custom and will run you an arm and a leg to do custom, the aftermarket industry does not like our cars.... There is a rumor though i heard from someone here that the yare doing cams for our car

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum

Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Hello new member...make sure you start by reading all the posting rules above each forum before you post..

Thank You for joining the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Reverb728
Unregistered

Thanks for the info man.
That kinda blows that there are so few aftermarket parts for a 97 v6 Accord.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 PM

yeah your telling me it blows haha, i have thought about milling the head and port and polishing... just because nothing is there for us to do.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Haha yep, no V6 love for the 5th gen.

As far as exhaust goes, keep the resonator or get a larger one, it will make the sound deeper.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:02 PM

is that the same with a 98 lx??...if i keep the resonator will it sound deeper?...and when u say the resonator are u talkin about what i think ur talkin about??

Old 12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The resonator is the bulge in the pipe after the cat. Vibrant makes an 18" long one, which is popular.