General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Honda

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:40 AM
rallyeurope
Unregistered
Default New Honda

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums and wanted to ask some advice. I have recently bought a lovely 2 Litre Honda Accord Saloon. It's 98, R reg and i wanted to do a few tasteful mods. One thing i would like is heated seats and i wondered if anyone knows if its possible to buy the heating elements and have them installed into my leather seats?

I also want to know if there is anything i can do to the engine to make it run smoother. Im not talking expensive but is there anything that goes a little beyond a regular service that may make it run a little nicer? It does seem ok but it is alomst 11 years old.

I have a couple of spots at the front where the lacquer has worn away. I have found a decent price for a tin of lacquer paint and a spray gun but i'm told there is a high possibility that some water may get trapped under the new lacquer and cause rust. I don't want to re-spray the car as thats way out of my price range. Any advice?

Last thing i wanted to ask was about suspension. Mine seems very bouncy. The guy i bought from said the rear springs would only last a few more thousand miles but i wondered if all Accords were really bouncy or does mine have a problem. If its normal, is it possible to firm it up a bit? I feel like im at sea sometimes and would like a slightly firmer ride.

Cheers guys
Adam