General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:51 PM
2ndmoto
Unregistered
Default No Fuel

Hello All
New to the Forum and new to Hondas. I have a 99 Accord, 2.3l auto. I bought the car with a bad trans. The car did run, but the trans wouldnt engage until 4000rpms. I just swapped the trans out, I pulled the whole motor and trans together.
I am trying to get this thing running, but I am not getting a drop of fuel to the cylinders. I believe it is the injectors are not opening. I pulled the fuel rail when I pulled the motor.

Here is what I have done

1. Pulled the spark plugs, they are dry
2. after turning the motor over for several seconds with no plugs, I see no fuel and smell no fuel.
3. Pulled the fuel rail, fuel was present before the injector and it did squirt a bit so there is some pressure
4. Fuel pump fuse is good (the one located in the dash)

I am wondering if I missed a ground. The only grounds I see engine harness are
1. intake manifold drivers side
2. drivers side motor mount
3. passenger side transmission (from the battery).

I dont know what the ecu needs to make the injectors fire.

Where can I score a free FSM online for this thing??

Thanks in advance
-Jason

Old 07-12-2009, 04:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Have you check fuel pressure at the rail? If there's pressure at the rail, I'd suspect injectors. But, if there is no or low pressure (I think it should be at 33psi or so), I'd look at the fuel pump.

Find a quiet area and turn the key to the II/ON position and listen for the whir of the pump in the rear of the car.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:42 PM
2ndmoto
Unregistered

I havent put a gauge on it yet I just pulled the rail after the install and it sprayed. And I didnt smell any fuel while cranking it and the plugs out, I figured if the injectors were opening, even in the pump wasnt up to spec, it should be letting some fuel into the cylinders.

maybe my thoughts are wrong. I dont have a gauge, but I can get one and try, but that would be weird why it ran before the swap, and not after. I guess now is as good as any time to invest in a gauge.

Any one have a wiring diagram for this accord??

Old 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well, double check your wiring and make sure the plugs are fully seated onto the injectors.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 AM
2ndmoto
Unregistered

Finch, thanks for the help. I am leaning towards wiring. I am really thinking it is a ground I didnt hook up, can you confirm the engine harness ground points?

Thanks again
-Jason