General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no power shaking bunch of codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default no power shaking bunch of codes

Hello too all. first let me tell you that I have a 2003 Honda accord ex with 2.4L engine. Secondly let me tell you that since I was able too drive I have been changing the oil on all my vehicles religiously every 3000 miles. Sometimes 3500 but no more. I have been extremely busy the past several months so I missed an oil change in my Honda. I was driving home last night from work and my car started losing power and just go numb as I say and shake about 3000rpms. I was only about 3 miles from home when it started doing this and I was able to limp it home. Got home and checked the oil and it barely and I mean barley hitting the tip of the dip stick. That is how low it was. I also hooked my scanner up and it came up 4 codes. p0420 p2646 p0420pd and p0456pd. the p0420 I know it cat convertor and am going to be replacing it soon. I googled the the others and I read about the p2646. So I guess I am wondering if the oil pressure was just so low that it started doing that and threw that code. I filled the oil up and let it sit for a little while. I drove it around some of my streets and it didn't do it at all. I ended up driving my truck too work today because it is a 30 miles one way. so im looking for some feed back about the oil pressure being low and causing it too do that. Since i filled it up should it be ok now. thanks for any feedback that anyone has.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

P0420 results from O2 sensor aft of converter detecting poor performance of catalytic converter (voltage oscillating from 0.2-0.8 V). This can result from operating w/ excessive misfire of engine.

P0456 is a large evap system leak. Inspection of evap system w/ smoke machine is usual way of locating leak.

P2646 is rocker arm oil pressure switch low voltage. Low oil pressure due to oil starvation might cause this code.

You should monitor oil level at every gas fill-up to understand how much oil is being consumed. You could also have oil leaks.

good luck

Old 10-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
P0420 results from O2 sensor aft of converter detecting poor performance of catalytic converter (voltage oscillating from 0.2-0.8 V). This can result from operating w/ excessive misfire of engine.

P0456 is a large evap system leak. Inspection of evap system w/ smoke machine is usual way of locating leak.

P2646 is rocker arm oil pressure switch low voltage. Low oil pressure due to oil starvation might cause this code.

You should monitor oil level at every gas fill-up to understand how much oil is being consumed. You could also have oil leaks.

good luck

Thanks for the feedback. After I posted this I drove it down too the store and had no issues. I usually do my pms almost every week but like I said these last several months I have been extremely busy. I don't notice any oil leaking. There is no oil spots where I always park my car at home. I guess I will try and drive it tomorrow. AAA is good thing too have sometimes just in case I need it. Im hoping that was all it was, was the oil starvation because there was just a drop on the end of the dipstick. I filled it up and I hope it is good.