General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

The PCV valve can act like a check-valve. Installed in the correct direction?? (I'm just trying not to take ANYTHING for granted)

Now that drawing is for a fuel-injected Accord, so I'll have to take your word for it that the hoses of the PCV system are about the same.

If there's something bad going on in the carburator, dumping a lot of fuel in the crankcase, then it might stay mostly vaporized in the crankcase. Then when it gets to the hoses it cools off a bit & condenses to liquid gasoline. So you don't have to literally fill up the engine with gasoline to get that.

Since the head is replaced, you had a lot of hoses disconnected. I'll let Poorman think about this... can there be a couple of hoses swapped position in such a way to pressurize the float-bowl? Or maybe just a coincidence that the float-needle-valve sticks open allowing the bowl to over-fill?

(Ive worked on carburators, but not on Hondas... so I'm really kinda guessing here)