General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Noise when accelerating and set to defrost

Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

The a/c will act as a dehumidifier and remove moisture from the air.

My 5th gen accord does not use the a/c to defrost. I didn't realize that yours does.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Used to own a 1998, and when you select Defrost, it would switch ON the AC & the green lamp would light up for AC. And you could then switch it off.

But my 2003 acts the same way as yours. With the 2003, the AC runs but the green lamp is not lit. And you can't switch it off.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 PM

You could check freon but more then likely sounds like possible bearings start to go bad or gone in the ac compressor or the clutch. Considering you only hear the noise when compressor is on I would say the compressor itself is the culprit.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Default V belt noise

My V6 EX Ciupe started making this noise too when the defrost heater was on and when rpm went over 2000. I had recently changed the V- belt to a Good year brand but just changed it again to an OEM Honda belt. No more noise. I think the noise was from the vbelt when the alternator was powering too much and the belt was maybe a bit loose being an aftermarket one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noise when accelerating and set to defrost

Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.