General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noisy interior 2008 EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:57 PM
gwinegarden
Unregistered
Default noisy interior 2008 EX-L

Hi,

About 2 months ago, I bought an new '08 Accord EX-L.

I love the car except for one thing - interior noises.

I get squeaks, pops, groans, cracks and rattles. These seem to happen at different times/temparatures, depending upon the sound.

I have determined that most are coming from the plastic in the centre console and dash around the radio/heater (no navi). Worst area seems to be around theauto shifter housing.

I am also getting some from the back.

I am one who is cursed with hearing every sound a car makes, so it is pretty annoying. Ironically, my wife's 11 year old Acura doesn't have one click pop or other sound.

So, the real question is, has anyone had any luck getting these type of issues resolved by Honda?

I have not yet approached them.

Cheers.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Default RE: noisy interior 2008 EX-L

Your dealer will be able to help you, at least they got rid of my squeaks/creaks when mine was new. They have experience and the right materials. Other than the hassle of spending the time taking it back, I say let them fix it.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
gwinegarden
Unregistered

Thanks, Just wondering.

I had a very bad experience with two honda service centres with my last Civic. Seems that Honda is getting a bit too big for their britches. Some of them remind me of GM, some years back. "What year is it? What model? Oh, ya, they all do that, sorry".

Also I had heard some grumblings about these issues not getting fixed.

I am going to a new dealer, now, so there may be hope.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
wstefanko
Unregistered

I have an 08 LX-P sedan. I have not had any noise from the center console besides when I hit a pretty large bump. I did have a rattle on the front passenger side that I thought was near the door. I took it into the dealer and it ended up being the passenger visor they tightened it and all is well from that side. I have started to hear a rattle right near my driver seatbelt. I am going to take it into the dealer when I need an oil change and car wash for them to look at. Good Luck

Old 07-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

when they tell you that this is what you say?:

"Oh really? let me test drive another 08 EX-L and see how it sounds..........now get off of your rear and fix it...."