General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Noisy ride

Old 04-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Default Noisy ride

When my 2004 Honda Accord EX was 3 months old I was hit on the side and pushed into a school bus in the front. The insurance company insisted on fixing the car. Right now I am experiencing a lot of wind noise in the car as well as excessive road noise. The autobody shop inserted some type of soundproofing material in the door and behind the front fender - this did not work. The shop does not know what is wrong with the car. The insurance company is using another tactic - they are saying that there is nothing wrong with the car. I remember that my car rode beautifully before the accident, so I know there is something wrong. I am bringing the car to a Honda dealer next week for a diagnostic. any ideas as to what is causing this problem?

Old 04-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Bhersh
Unregistered
Default RE: Noisy ride

Dude that totally sucks and these retarded Insurance companies really dont want to spend any more $$$ on you....I'm sorry

Deffinetely take it to the Dealer. Also, talk to a car installation center somewhere in you area. A good one, not Circuit City (Please dear Lord dont go there). They might (possibly) be able to spray some sort of sound deadening "thing" to hel with your problem. They carry several different products that are used to keep the sound in and the roadnoise out. Unfortunetely, they prolly arent that cheap.

~best of luck

~Bhersh

Old 04-27-2005, 08:26 PM

frankly i dont understand your question

you bumped into the school bus - and now its making a lot of noise - you asking what causes that problem?? ...bumping into the bus in the first place doh!! [:@] that hurts

now, seroius. The problem is Unprofessional bodywork - thats the problem

Old 05-03-2005, 08:58 PM

Well, yeah, hitting a school bus was not the smartest thing I could have done. Anyway, I went to the Honda dealer who found that a plug was missing from the door. I really don't think that was what was causing the problem. I still hear something, it sounds like very loud white noise. Because the Honda dealer said the car was fine, well their exact words were that Honda's are noisy cars, the adjuster considers this case closed. The noise is driving me crazy.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:13 PM

wow - what a smart thing to say...

Honda are noisy cars - I would have slapped the guy who said that. I can't beleive that they would disregard customer that way. and yet people still go to the dealer... [:'(]

I understand that it hurts but please try to understand that your problem is very uncommon - not every honda driver drives into the bus and especially in the same way.. It's very odd to get advice on something we can't see nor hear.

I really feel for you as I can't stand any noise myself, the only reasonable thing to do is just drive test it and listen where the noise is coming from - let your friend drive the car and sit in other seats and try to listen to the noise from different places.

We had a car once that had a wind noise from the gap in the side mirror - check if the mirror makes any different noise if you fold it (while driving it) , also check that the door is not over the front fender -like it's entrapping the air while driving.

make sure that headlights are firm .

also may be you can give a hint what was replaced on the car and what was fixed at the body shop. may be you can ask in the body shop (where you fixed) what could be wrong as they are probably more experienced with such problems.

The most importantly DO NOT loose your cool! every noise is caused by something and can be traced sooner or later [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 05-04-2005, 02:35 AM

Could be a plethora of things. Underbody, side, interior, suspension., who knows. I find myself taking days to weeks to troubleshoot weird noises in my car, such as when my radius rod, was rubbing on the subframe from hitting a curb. And Hondas are prone to become noisy (road noise) of time. But your car seems too new for that. I bought mine new and it took a good year for road noise to bother me. The thing is accidents and subwoofers don't help all the little creaks, squeaks, and etc. that will eventually occur. So of course the mishap caused it, but finding it takes time, trial and error.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Maverick
Unregistered

I would just tell the insurance company that they can have the darn car. It's sad but there is not much else you can do these days. They have lawyers and it'll cost you more money and time to fight with them.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Maverick

I would just tell the insurance company that they can have the darn car. It's sad but there is not much else you can do these days. They have lawyers and it'll cost you more money and time to fight with them.
[sm=badidea.gif] ...and drive what?

Old 05-04-2005, 10:38 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Evlampius

We had a car once that had a wind noise from the gap in the side mirror - check if the mirror makes any different noise if you fold it (while driving it) , also check that the door is not over the front fender -like it's entrapping the air while driving.

Well, I really checked the car over this afternoon. The only thing that I noticed, that I never did before, was that the space between the right fender and the hood of the car was larger on the right side (the accident side) than on the left side. I don't know if that would cause the car to make a noise or not. Looking at it, it does bother me and I did place a call to the body shop (they are quite tired of me by now, as you may have guessed). I really don't understand how noise can come from a gap in the side mirror. Where would the gap be? Dooe is not over the front fender. I'm on a mission now. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:09 PM

you can try to insulate it with a soft rubber - just for a hell of it, put the rubber in the line and close the hood on it - may be may be...I doubt it ,

just a thought - may be something went mechanically wrong in the same time when you got it fixed , may be theres no connection and you have to look for something else??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noisy ride