General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Noisy ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Default RE: Noisy ride

Evlampius - I made a mistake on my post. The large space is not between the fender and the hood - it is the fender and the roof. Does this make a difference?

Old 05-05-2005, 01:25 PM

ummm just note that where ever theres a large gap between parts - the air will try and run through it when you drive - in some situations it will make a loud noice,

so try to insulate wherever you think theres a large gap and listen if the noice changes,

some times when you roll your windows up but will not close them completely , leaving a tiny opening - it will make that white noise you described. it's exactly the same.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:59 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Evlampius

ummm just note that where ever theres a large gap between parts - the air will try and run through it when you drive - in some situations it will make a loud noice,

Question - I was told that the autobody shop used genuine Honda parts. When the Honda dealer looked at the car, they agreed. However, now that I see the gap between the parts, I am doubting what I was told. Is it possible that the parts are not fitting perfectly because they were by a different manufacturer? I speak with the body shop around twice a week. They say they do not know what is causing the noise but they doubt it is the gap. I am ready to take the car to a mechanic and see if I have better luck. Right after I decide what I can fill that gap with when I go for a test drive!

Old 05-06-2005, 03:06 AM

cross my fingers .... tell us how it went.

Old 05-07-2005, 01:01 PM

Evlampius,

I had my car evaluated today and it appears that many things were done wrong. The right door was put on differently in an attempt to align it. The door is not flush at the point that it meets the right bumper. There is that gap that I tried to explain previously, and they suspect frame damage. More to come. Thanks for all your help.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:46 PM

[sm=headbang.gif] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! [sm=shootshoot.gif]

- that is sux [:@] I hope they can fix that right , this time!!!

good luck man!

Old 05-17-2005, 10:54 PM

That sux...too bad that happened...as fer the noise, try dynamat extreme and see if that works.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:23 PM

Sorry, don't know what dyanamat extreme is - can you please fill me in?

I'm still waiting for the car to be evaluated by the new shop. They are waiting for a machine that can tell you if the frame is bent in 15 minutes. Car is still noisy....

Old 05-20-2005, 12:23 AM

Dynamat, is a sound deadner thick material applied to body panels that absorbs vibrations and sound. Extreme is just the level of absorbortion expressed as which materials are used for the mat. They have regular also.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:53 AM

i 'm just thinking - have you replaced tires?

Quick Reply: Noisy ride