General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil light after metal hits under car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:55 AM
z00ropa
Unregistered
Default Oil light after metal hits under car...

I will try to keep this brief.
2001 Honda Accord 4-Cylinder
On the freeway a piece of metal went under my car. About 30 seconds later the oil light started flashing. I was only a mile from my work so I got there and looked under the car, no oil leak. I took the car into the dealer as soon as they opened, on my way to the dealer (only 2 miles from my work) the oil light stayed on and then the check engine light came on. The dealer checked it out and told me that the oild pan was damaged and damaged some uptake something or other inside also.. ok so $450 to fix. Fine. Pick my car up the next day, they drove it 4 miles no problems, I drove it 2 miles maybe and check engine light comes on followed by the oil light turn right around take it back to dealer. They come back to me an hour later and tell me some VTECH valve inside the engine probably is burnt out and needs to be replaced..... $215 and they tell me an hour. After an hour and a half they come out and hand me a set of keyes for a rental car and tell me they want to keep my car and make sure the engine isn't damaged because it might not have been getting oil!!! The car drove fine, quite, smooth as always.

Is it possible my engine wasn't pulling oil up from the oil pan???
I am beggining to think that they can't figure out why the lights are on... any one have any thoughts?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Oil light after metal hits under car...

sounds to me like the oil pick up got banged in , thus very little or no oil curculation,, which means very little or no oil pressure ,, if so, the chk engine lite will come on with issue on the v-tec system as well as the oil lite

did shop chk the oil pressure ??

Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Oil light after metal hits under car...

My oil light came on, what should I do?

Quit driving and shut the engine off.
or
Keep driving and risk serious engine damage.