General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed Please....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 AM
gilly6993
Unregistered
Default Opinions needed Please....

Here's the story....my girlfriend thinks she has a 2 year lease on her 2007 Honda Accord and its up in September....She wants a new Accord and goes in to the dealer to see if they will pull her ahead now instead of waiting until the lease is due....she thinks there are only 4 payments remaining....May thru Aug....the day is Sunday May 15th....

Now she does have the old lease paperwork and the salesman asks for it at the beginning of all conversation....he says no problem they can llok it up.....We go in and work a deal for a new Accord and the dealership agrees to make the last 4 payments.....this is a differnet Honda dealership in our area than the one she got it from but the lease is still thru Honda Financial....

The deal is done and she drives away on May 17th with a new Accord....fast forward to Sun May 31st and she gets a call from the GM of the dealership that she actually had a 3 year lease and there are 12 payments due!!!!

So...the dealership wants the remaining 12 payments....I say go screw yourselves....YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE TERM OF HER PREVIOUS LEASE!....it was the same financial company and would have taken less than 30 seconds....they were so quick to get a new car sale they didn't look into it...in no way would we have done the deal if there was that much time left....IMO they should have checked....it's there mistake and they should eat the payments....

I went back and forth with the GM today and his last offer was us paying $1500.....down from $4K in less than a day....

What are your opinions on this....I don't think I should pay a dime....they could have easily checked the payoff and terms of the lease on Mon or Tues before the car was delivered and the financial papers were signed....Honda Finanacial even said it is customary to verify the terms of a car being turned in....

Thanks for reading and your opinions....

Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

I would think you wouldn't have to pay. What hes going to do if you don't pay?