General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OVER HEATING

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Wishitwasa355
Unregistered
Default OVER HEATING

I need urgent help, i seem to be experiencing a problem with my Honda Accord 84. It keeps over heating. I have had a look and yes there is water in it, it might be a cracked gasket (my worst nightmare), cause when the raidiator cap is off there are a few air bubbles coming up, but when it is revved it still has pressure and i beleive this is true because it over flows from the raidiator. Could it be the electric fans i have never seen them working before and does anyone know when these fans are supposed to kick in at a certin temp??? How will i know if it is my thermo??? I only bought this car last week and i can't beleive it is giving me this much greif. I need to drive to the coast tommorrow afternoon, and if i can't get it fixed before then i will just have to run the piece of crap into the ground and drive it as it is anyway. I hear of this stuff you can put in your oil to fill leaks, if my engine hasn't lost any water by tomorrow would anyone suggest that this will be a quick fix untill i have the energy to put some effort into fixing it and that i will be safe to drive to the coast?????

PLEASE HELP! I AM STRESSING OUT TOO MUCH!

Old 08-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Default RE: OVER HEATING

The best choice for you is to buy a new car - I mean come on dude, when your car 20 year old - it gonna overheat OK? It will keep breaking down untill you either:

1. will have tons of money to invest in it (aka win the lottery)
2. get your car to "Pimp my ride"(cool)
3. buy a new car (your best option)