General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0401 code & Injector identification for O ring

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Default P0401 code & Injector identification for O ring

I am receiving an intermittent P0401 (insufficient EGR Flow) code. I plan to clean the intake manifold passages as described in Eric the Car Guy's youtube video. I plan to replace the "O" rings on the injectors and the gasket as they are reasonably priced and I don't want to have to redo the repair should the old part leak. I have one major problem. The injector "O" ring (on the end that inserts into the intake manifold) item 2 shows two different part numbers on Majestic Honda's online parts look up. I used my vin number and hoped it would give me only one choice. Evidently Honda used two different manufacturers of fuel injectors: NOK and OTSUKA. I looked on the injectors for markings and could not find any. Is there an easy way to determine which fuel injector type I have installed in my Accord?

The plan is to remove the entire fuel rail as a unit and not disturb the seals on the upper end of the injectors. I should only need the lower seals.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I only needed one O-ring when I did this job pulling the rail. The local auto parts store sold a Beck/Arnley kit that included lots of seals & O-rings including the one I needed. I'm guessing that the kit included O-rings for both injector types. It wasn't cheap, like $9 per injector, but I needed only one seal and it worked fine.

BTW, I don't think OBD2a is smart enough to sense that EGR ports are clogged so the ports probably aren't causing the CEL. The FSM's EGR diagnostic pages are very good.