General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger courtesy light socket part number

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Passenger courtesy light socket part number

Through some troubleshooting I determined I probably have a bad courtesy light socket on my passenger side. I recently replaced all my interior lights with led however only my passenger side stays on all the time even when driving. I put the original bulb back in and it still stays on. So my question is what is this part called and where can I find it.
I have looked on numerous sites and I don't see anything like it for sale anywhere. The closest I can find is just the bulb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2011 Honda accord EX I4

Old 06-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Is this the front passenger door courtesy light on a sedan (4-door)?

Honda does not sell the socket separately, it is part of the passenger door wire harness (part # 32752-TA0-A11 for front passenger door - sedan).

However, the problem with the courtesy light staying on may not be due to the socket. It may be an issue with the passenger door switch or a short in the wire going to the courtesy light.

Try this, pry the cover off the passenger side door switch to expose the screw. Remove the screw, then gently pull the door switch out and unplug the electrical connector from the switch. Use something to keep the electrical connector from falling back into the hole, like some tape. If the passenger courtesy light goes off with the switch unplugged, then it is an issue with the switch.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger courtesy light socket part number-door-switch.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Is this the front passenger door courtesy light on a sedan (4-door)?

Honda does not sell the socket separately, it is part of the passenger door wire harness (part # 32752-TA0-A11 for front passenger door - sedan).

However, the problem with the courtesy light staying on may not be due to the socket. It may be an issue with the passenger door switch or a short in the wire going to the courtesy light.

Try this, pry the cover off the passenger side door switch to expose the screw. Remove the screw, then gently pull the door switch out and unplug the electrical connector from the switch. Use something to keep the electrical connector from falling back into the hole, like some tape. If the passenger courtesy light goes off with the switch unplugged, then it is an issue with the switch.
It's raining heavy here so I won't get to it today. Yes it's a sedan and it's only the passenger side. The drivers side courtesy light works correctly.

I will give it a try and see what happens. My vehicle is still under warranty but I don't know if they would cover this since I broke it.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

It is less likely to an issue with the socket.

This is how the passenger side courtesy light works:

Battery power (+) is always supplied through to the courtesy light. It just needs the ground (-) to complete the circuit to turn on the light.

When the passenger door is opened; the door switch closes, which supplies the ground through the switch, which then goes through the passenger MICU (multiplex integrated control unit) located in the interior passenger side fuse/relay box, and onward to the courtesy light.

A ground source is being supplied to the courtesy light due to a short. A short is an accidental connection of a wire to ground or to another wire or the short can be a component contacts are shorted (e.g., the door switch or an issue with the MICU).