General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger window - won't engage - 4 DR accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Default Passenger window - won't engage - 4 DR accord

I've got a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan - and I dropped a friend off the other day - who in return for the favor - slammed my front passenger door < not intentionally >.

I went to roll up the window - and got some kindof mechanical noise < like something breaking > and the window won't roll up.

Now I can lift the window - by hand - and when I release it - the window slides back down in the pocket. From teh sound - I can hear the motor
working to lower and raise the window - but it's not engaging the glass pane.

I removed the interior door panel - and I see a metal frame - with a large plastic film in the middle
stuck to the metal with some kindof sticky gasket around the perimeter - but I don't see the glass. My Haines manual doesnt' really go into much beyond removing the panel < which I already did > - and testing for electrical problems.

1) Can I get to the window from interior door panel?

2) Does it sound like I'm on the right path - what do I do next - remove that film? take car to mechanic ? - I'm open to suggestions - but if it's a fairly easy fix - I'd like to just do it myself.

Thanks