General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power door lock problem - 2011 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:41 PM
Default Power door lock problem - 2011 Accord

My 2011 Accord EX sedan has developed an annoying problem. After initial start-up, my power door locks are set to automatically lock when the car reaches a certain speed, which I believe is 10 mph. However, over the past few weeks, the car has developed an intermittent problem. The locks will try to lock, even though they are already locked, when I accelerate from a stop and reach that 10 mph threshold. This happens at every intersection with a stop sign or stoplight, as well as in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Another interesting event that I've noticed, is this usually happens when I try to lock the car from the outside, and the key fob will not arm the alarm by honking the horn. I can hear the locks being locked from the outside, but the horn will not honk with the 2nd press of the "lock" button on the fob, as it it supposed to do. Again, this is also an intermittent problem.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be happening? I searched the forums and didn't find any posts explaining the same problem I'm having. Thanks in advance for any input!

Old 12-31-2014, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Since your security system is not always arming normally (e.g., horn or lights blink), it may indicate an intermittent issue with either a door switch or door lock actuator. It may be causing what you've been experiencing (i.e., doors trying to re-lock and security system).