General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POWER DOOR LOCK PROBLEM---96 accord lx

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Default POWER DOOR LOCK PROBLEM---96 accord lx

HELLO

I HAVE A 96 ACCORD LX WHICH GOT A KEYLESS ENTRY ONLY FOR DOORS SINCE IT DOESNT HAVE POWER TRUNK

ANYWAYS THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON IN MY REMOTE KEY IT UNLOCKS ALL THE DOOR EXCEPT THE DRIVER SIDE ONE ,I HAVE TO MANUALLY UNLOCK THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR ,SAME THING HAPPENS WHEN YOU PRESS LOCK BUTTON ALL DOORS LOCK BUT NOT THE DRIVER SIDE ONE WHICH AGAIN I HAVE TO LOCK MANUALLY

AND WHEN YOU PRESS UNLOCK OR LOCK BUTTON IN THE REMOTE KEY THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR MAKES A WEIRD NOISE ,I THINK THE NOISE IS CMOING OUT FROM THE DOOR MOTORS WHICH TRIES TO WORK I GUESS

I HAVENT TAKEN TO ANY SHOP YET FOR ADVICE ,I WANT TO FIGURE OUT FOR MY SELF FIRST WITH YOU GUYS HELP ,SHOP IS MY LAST CHOICE TO GO

I HOPE I HAVE EXPLAINED MY PROBLEM WELL ENOUGHT TO UNDERSTAND

ANY KINDA OF SUGGESTION WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

THANKS LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU ALL

THANKS
HONDA RULES

Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Default RE: POWER DOOR LOCK PROBLEM---96 accord lx

Sounds to me like you need a door lock actuator.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

IT could be the actuator as stated, but also it could be that the rod came disattached ,, the rod is held by a plastic clip, i have seen a few of those brake or come unhooked,,
either way the door panel needs to be removed and visually looked at , if the rod is properly in place then most likely it is a bad actuator ..

Old 05-02-2006, 12:19 PM

thanks for ur quotes guys

well i just opened the whole door panel ....freaking i didnt understand a thing .....lol ....but if i know what i need to do i guess i will be able to take that door panel off faster

well anyways ....its kinda hard to see and slide my fingers to work with it inside the door panel even after u remove the door panel or its just me i guess

well all i saw there is small white box type thing which has the motor i guess

and the rod i didnt see where it went at the end of it

anywhere i can get a diagram of it or anything like that

i know i sound dumb but i have never delt with this kinda stuff ....since i own a honda now i really would like to know about fixing small problems u know

any info will help please ..

Old 05-02-2006, 01:14 PM

Welcome to the forum and trust me there is a lot to know.... I pulled my door panel this weekend and intially did the same thing... couldn't figure out a thing...

Alright, so I'll assume you have power windows... I'm sure you can see the track where it rides up and down (silver track middle of the door) connected to that towards the front of the car. In the back part of the door should be the little motor. Trace the little metal rod from the door lock (manual lock) back to it. From there make sure that nothing is disconnected from it. If everything looks ok, re-connect your power door lock switch and use it (or use your keyless entry) and see what happens. That right there should tell you quite a bit.. Post the results here!