General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Power steering leak

So im pretty sure i found where the leak is. Its a hose that contents to the top of the PSP with two 10mm bolts. My question is how do i fix it? It leaks a lot out

Old 05-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

That's the pressure hose and must be replaced as a unit. OEM is suggested, but aftermarket may be cheaper. Lower end connection to PS rack may be difficult. Check DIY forum and youtube for videos that may help.

good luck

Old 05-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
That's the pressure hose and must be replaced as a unit. OEM is suggested, but aftermarket may be cheaper. Lower end connection to PS rack may be difficult. Check DIY forum and youtube for videos that may help.

good luck
Thank you very much. I will replace that as soon as i get money since im probably the reason i finanlly broke. I will tell you guys exactly what happened so i dont have to continue to come back for answeres on the same problem.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Alright so ill try and make this short and to the point as much as i can. Yesterday i took my car to a friends house with a couple of other friends. Across from his house was the high school dome. Which it dips down to get to the parking lot from the street where my friend lives. Anyways they are doing construction and there is a puddle about a foot deep. So i drive threw it slowly to check how deep it was and decide if it would be safe for the honda. So i go on the right side first. Then the left. Then the middle. And when i did the middle my rear mud flaps caught the gravel and teared my bumper off. I fixed that right away with zip ties no problem. But after that i stayed either to the right or left. Any was i was going at speeds of 20-25pmh hitting the puddle. Coming out off the piddle each time the car wanted to turn right or left and it kinda drifted at one point. After doing this for about 10 ten times. We did a really crappy job of washing her up. After that we went to go buy paintballs for my friends gun. When i was going to park the steering all lf a sudden started to get hard to steer. And it was making all kinda of noises. And thats where im at now. I kind of have a good idea what im dealing with but tips, tricks, and guides are always helpful.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

At first I was going to say that hose assembly might not be needed. Maybe it needs a new O-ring where that piece bolts to the pump.

Then your last post about the gravel, ripping off the bumper, etc...?

When the steering got hard to steer, had the PS fluid all leaked out from the reservoir?