General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problems

Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 PM
dnl_dennis
Unregistered
Default Problems

Ok , my car is screwed up.....I have a 91 Honda Accord 2.2 , and I drove it around for about an hour today and it died on me...tried starting it and got nothing....so i set there for a min and tryed it again and it started well i drove it or about 2 mins and it died again.....tryed starting it and nothing.....so i checked my computer and i am getting a code 6 which is a collant sensor or circuit, so i set there for about 30 mins and started it up let it idle and it ran fine and then drove it home with no problems at all.....so i need some help to figure out what it is .

Thanks

Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: Problems

Code 6 is the coolant temp sensor. It's a 2 wire sensor located under the distributor. If this is bad, it will start very hard because the computer has no idea what the temp of the engine is. Replace this sensor and you will probably have an easier time starting.

quoted from:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Honda-Rep...uble-codes.htm

Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Problems

ORIGINAL: dnl_dennis

Ok , my car is screwed up.....I have a 91 Honda Accord 2.2 , and I drove it around for about an hour today and it died on me...tried starting it and got nothing....

Thanks
when you say it got nothing doers it mean IT CRANKS and won't start or DOES NOT even crank ..
if it cranks and won't start chk to see if you are getting spark and fuel .. but as SIR says it could also be a bad TW sensor , sending a wrong signal to the ecu , thus ecu make engine run richer and eventually fouling the plugs ,, also chk to see if there is fuel in the oil, pull the dipstick out and chk it out .. I had a car once the was flooded badly that there was fuel in the oil and when engine got hot fuel evaporated and fouling the plugs killing the engine ..