General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Question on 2008 accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
zenlakin
Unregistered
Default Question on 2008 accord

I have a question about the door locks on the new 2008 accord sedan. I just bought one for my wife and she was saying that when she gets in the car and puts it in drive the doors lock which is fine and something that I am familiar with but she was saying that she she puts the car back in park and shuts the car off only the drivers side door unlocks. She was also saying that even if she pushes the unlock button in the car the doors still don't unlock. This is very annoying for her as she then has to still unlock the doors with the remote to get our daughter out of the backseat. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this or if this might be something that is wrong with the car?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Default RE: Question on 2008 accord

The way the locks behave is programmable. There are several options.
It is detailed in the main owners manual and in the little spiral bound quick guide.
I've programmed mine tounlock all 4 when the gear lever is put in Park.
It first appears like a lot of steps but, if you follow the instructions, it's actually easy.

If, however, the unlock button is not working, a visit to the dealer may be in order.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:30 AM
zenlakin
Unregistered
Default RE: Question on 2008 accord

Thanks for the info. I was going to consult the owners manual when my wife gets back home as she has been out of town visiting with family and I didn't have any chance to look at what was going on before she took the car back to our hometown. Just thought I would post this question up here to have an idea of what might be going on before I start looking into the issue when I have access to the car again. Good to know that it is programmable. That definitely tells me where to start. Thanks again.