General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about speed sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Default question about speed sensor

I own a 96 honda accord ex vtec

my tranny went out last year and i finally came up with the money to fix it so i bought a jdm used tranny for it. Everything seems to be the same on the transmission other then the flex plate, which i have fixed already, and the speed sensor. The jdm speed sensor has two hose ports in it while the usdm speed sensor does not. The usdm speed sensor will not simply slide into the jdm tranny either due to the larger turning mechanism on the bottom part of it.

I took both of the sensors apart and i couldn't find a way to change the bottom mechanism from the jdm one to the usdm. Im pretty sure the tubes on the jdm sensor are meant to carry oil to and from the moving parts inside it.

im not exactly sure what to do at this point. but ive considered the following:
-taking a hose and just running it from one port to the other to keep oil from comin out
-find a way to get oil from a different hose

Old 03-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The hose connections are for the speed proportional power steering system, which some Accords have and some do not, I think some pre-94 Accords did.

You can just loop the hoses into each other.

What car is the tranny out of? It sounds like you got a Prelude tranny... H22/23?