General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio/cd player display light non functional

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM
free_money
Unregistered
Default radio/cd player display light non functional

I checked over previous topics and I could not pinpoint one that related to the 02' SE model that I have. I just recently purchased this vehicle and did not notice this problem until night time. (sucks, also driver side dim light out!!) The only light I have out is the radio display that shows the radio station and volume adjustment. During the day it is fine but at night I can't see a single thing. Any suggestions or is this like the other problems I read and a $800 fix by replacing the whole system. I just can't believe that this simple problem w/ the display light being out would have to be completely replaced to function. Any suggestions?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Default RE: radio/cd player display light non functional

Sounds to me like the light inside the radio needs replaced. Generally you need to remove the radio and take it to a place and have it fixed.I doubt even if you took the radio apart you would be able to find the correct bulb ect and its prolly soldered onto a circuit board. I searched the internet for radio repair in my area and found a place that repaired a GM radio for me once. cost me cosiderably less than buying a new radio. That is if you want to keep your original radio.

I dont understand what the other light thats out is, "driver side dim" ????

Good Luck

Old 02-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Default RE: radio/cd player display light non functional

Not sure if this will work, but maybe worth a shot. When I 1st got my Accord, the clock light wasn't working. Just as you did, I didn't notice it until it was night time.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but my aftermarket alarm for some reason wouldn't arm. My uncle told me to unhook a battery terminal for a minute or so, then hook it back up. I guess it reset the alarm system & from there on, the light for the clock started working. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, or maybe something was loose? It worked for me though, maybe it'll work for you.