General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio and Clock No Power

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Default Radio and Clock No Power

First of all this is my first post so hello everyone! This is also my first accord so I'm not familiar with common issues. After doing some searching, seems a lot of people have had the issue with no power to the radio or clock - and cig lighter I guess but I haven't checked that. However on all of the threads I have read, there hasn't seemed to be a definitive answer to the problem other than check fuses or run a new fused line.

So here is my situation, hopefully I can get some more insight. I just got the car on Christmas and it had an aftermarket deck in it. Some cheap older JVC that had a cassette player, so I went to swap out my stereo from my other car which is a pioneer. The JVC deck worked fine, but must not have had constant power, same with the clock, because they reset every time I turned off the car. Now that I wired in the new deck (using the walmart harness adapter that was used on the previous stereo) I have NO power at all to the stereo or clock. I checked fuses, but didn't see anything blown. I tested all the wires on the factory stereo harness with my multimeter and didn't get any power readings at all. Was able to test ground which seemed okay, but no ACC or Power.

I don't have a manual and can't seem to find a wiring diagram. Does anyone know what color the power and acc wires are? I've also read quite a bit about an Anti-Theft feature - but I am assuming that is related to the factory head unit only. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:32 PM

So apparently the clock is still on, it is just extremely dim, and still resetting every time the car is turned off. Any ideas?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

In the underhood fuse panel there should be a fuse (#39 "backup" 7.5 amp). This would be the one that is "hot at all times", WHT/YEL, for keeping presets and that.

Now for the cig lighter and power when "key on". Underhood #36 15amp, then there is also the underdash #11 10amp. If those are good, check/test the cig lighter relay.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
In the underhood fuse panel there should be a fuse (#39 "backup" 7.5 amp). This would be the one that is "hot at all times", WHT/YEL, for keeping presets and that.

Now for the cig lighter and power when "key on". Underhood #36 15amp, then there is also the underdash #11 10amp. If those are good, check/test the cig lighter relay.
Thanks for the input, didn't notice the backup radio fuse, 7.5amps and it was blown. Fixed my problem. Appreciate the help!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Cool.......I went into more detail on that "other" site but I'm glad you got it