General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rear Door Light doesnt light up

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Rear Door Light doesnt light up

Ok so the door light for my back door does not work. I checked the bulb and its fine. The other side works fine. Is there a fuse or something for these lights?
Also... I had mentioned before that my instrument cluster (I think thats what its called) had been swapped out. But when the two front doors and the trunk are open the little car on the cluster shows that the doors are open but with the back doors nothing shows

Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 AM

It mite be the wiring in that door itself?
get yourself a test lite at auto store the least expensive will do just fine,and check and see if your gettin any juice to that door?if not looks like your going to do alil electric work?
read up on it before you go tackle the door!its not to hard to do?have fun!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Does the rear door cause the overhead interior light to come on? If not, then check the little button/switch in the door jamb.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Does the rear door cause the overhead interior light to come on? If not, then check the little button/switch in the door jamb.
No it doesnt. I wasnt sure if it was supposed to to be honest
Now that I have taken a look at it neither of the back doors make the dome light come on. The drivers side back door light does come on though. Im going to check the switches now.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Alright well I checked the button and just seems to be loose. When I push it down(not in) the light comes on and will flicker off when I let go. But with both the back doors the dome light doesnt come on. Still dont know why it doesnt tell me they are open on the dash

Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

A loose button can explain part of that. The switch has a single wire, it completes the circuit by grounding to the car body. So if its mounting screw is loose, it's not a good ground. I think you take off the rubber boot to see the mounting screw.

I don't know 1994 whether the rear doors are supposed to switch on the dome light? I assumed they do, but not really sure.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Almost A Senior Member

A loose button can explain part of that. The switch has a single wire, it completes the circuit by grounding to the car body. So if its mounting screw is loose, it's not a good ground. I think you take off the rubber boot to see the mounting screw.

I don't know 1994 whether the rear doors are supposed to switch on the dome light? I assumed they do, but not really sure.
Ya I'm going to remove the boot and see whats going on.
And I think I found out why on my dash it doesn't show the back doors are open. As I had said before the cluster or whatever its called was changed out. I think it was replaced with a 2 door accord that was standard. Ahh well. Not a big deal but it would have been nice to have lol.