General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rear door lock Problem 2006 Accord LX

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Question Rear door lock Problem 2006 Accord LX

I have a 2006 Accord LX 4 door 4 cyclinder and the left rear door is locked and will not unlock manually or by remote. How can I get the door unlocked/open so I can fix it?

I think the acutator has gone bad.

Any help please

Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I suspect the lock has jammed in lock position. The actuator will not cause a jam. This requires removal of door panel (difficult w/ door closed) and release of jammed lock.

This happened on earlier model Accords on front door and required drilling a hole in the door frame and lock at a precise position to release. Search youtube for "how to open the door on a honda accord". I don't know for certain this applies to rear door, but it's the best I can offer.

A locksmith may be able to help, if he's faced this problem.

Worth a call to a Honda Shop for some help.

Nasty problem. Let us know how you resolve.

good luck

Old 04-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Talking Door is Open

I was able to get the door open. I looked up "how to open the door on a honda accord" and found a video at YouTube - How to open the door on a Honda Accord that won't open. that had some interesting information and then found this information "that kind of problem can often be addressed by simultaneously operating the door key and the lift / lock button simultaneously, several meaningful cycles may be needed. Generally the lift button won't quite operate well enough alone and the key likewise."

I though I'd try cycling the key and the lift/lock at the same time and it worked.

The video above shows how to open the door latch without drilling or tearing the actualor out, maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks,

Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

The door lock may in need of lubrication. You want to fix before you face the same problem again.

good luck