General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

relocating/modifying cruise control' controls?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 PM
newportnatenj
Unregistered
Default relocating/modifying cruise control' controls?

I was doing some searching seeing if this is possible, or if its more trouble than its worth. Im in dire need of new steering wheel, and i do entirely to much driving to give up my cruise control and horn, and since most "replacement" steering wheels ive found dont have either of these.

Ive also searched for just a stock accord steering wheel but nobody has one in any better shape then mine is ,and i cant find a place that sells them new.

So that got me to thinking maybe I could relocate the controls to somewhere else?
has anyone seen this or done so themselves? any help would be appreciated

ive got a 91 accord if thats any help.

Ps- sorry if this is the wrong area, i was tossing it up between general and DIY

again any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know how hard that would be.

You may be able to find a used steering wheel from a junkyard. www.car-part.com will search junkyards by part price or distance.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
newportnatenj
Unregistered

Yeah, im hoping the junkyard might have it, but everytime i go there, the people there are useless and NEVER seem to have what I need, for this car or any other.

Does anyone know of a nicer style steering wheel with cruise controls on it? or something? Like the Grant steering wheels are real nice so I wouldnt mind getting one of that style, but again the cruise is an issue.

Theres gotta be somewhere on here thats tackled this issue! lol

I almost wish the cruise control didnt work then it would be a no brainer and id just get the grant style, upon further research, i realized you can hook the horn up, now thats something I cant live without, jersey is full of just- FANTASTIC drivers