General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote car starters

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Remote car starters

Hey guys I've got an '07 Accord EXL v6 and I am looking into remote car starters

I am looking for recommendations for which one to buy... Most import thing is, I want a reputable product and something I can use for years.

Does Honda provide car starters?

Who should I have install it? Honda or someone else (like BestBuy?)

Any help is appreciated!

Old 12-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

I quickly looked at one honda accessories site and didn't see a remote starter. I would call your dealership to verify if they sell one.

I would probably have honda (or a shop specializing in Hondas) install it. Get a quote from them and compare to one from a Best Buy place. I have no clue on a brand to recommend. I would probably read user reviews on sites like amazon.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend bestbuy. They are good but their company doesn't allow them to solder their connection. They say it's dangerous to the installers and don't cover accidents like that on their insurance. They said soldering fumes are cancer prone. Usually a viper system or cobra system are good. But where ever you get it done make sure they solder the connections or you will be having it re done every year cause loose connections

Old 12-10-2013, 12:27 PM

I remember one poster who was having various problems after a remote start installed by BestBuy. BestBuy would blame the problems on the car, and the Honda dealership would blame the problems on the remote starter. IMO, if you can't find one, that a Honda dealership will warranty, don't do it. The blame game is too easy for them to play.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I'm glad you mentioned the soldering... I wouldn't have asked that question, but now that I think about it, it makes total sense in terms of reliability.