General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote door lock signal

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Default Remote door lock signal

Hi,
I just purchased a 2013 Accord Sport 2.4l with the CVT transmission.
I noticed that when I lock the doors using the remote the lights do not flash no horn beep or anything. When I unlock the doors with the remote
the lights flash. I went into the vechicle settings and turned on the lock
acknowledge but it doesn't make a difference. Also I tried to set the door
unlock to unlock all doors when the drivers door opens but it won't do that either. Am I not doing something right or do I need to have the dealer look at it.

Thanks

Old 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

The default setting for the remote locking/unlocking is as follows:

Locking doors with the remote, press lock once, some exterior lights flash, all doors lock, and the security system sets.

Pressing twice on the remote lock button (within 5 seconds after the first push), a beeper sounds and verifies the security system is set.

With the remote to unlock: Pressing once, some exterior lights flash twice, and the driver's door unlocks.

Pressing the remote unlock button twice and the remaining doors unlock.

For a CVT, car has to be in Park to change the customizable settings. Check again to see if the setting for "Key And Remote Unlock Mode" was changed to "All Doors" after the first time you tried to changed it or did it still show in the default mode.

After locking with the remote, press the unlock button twice to look for the exterior lights flash and listen for the beeper sound. If the Keyless Lock Answer Back was turned off, it should not answer back.

Attached Thumbnails Remote door lock signal-customization-features.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM

I just rechecked the settings and it still does the same thing. Lights will flash when I unlock using the remote, but not when I lock with the remote, I also tried pressing the lock button twice and lights don't flash and I don't hear a beep ( standing right beside the car) The Keyless Lock Answer Back is turned on. Also I wasnt trying to unlock all the doors with the remote I was try to get the unlock all doors when the drivers door opens to work sorry if I wans't clear on that. I know these don't seem like big issues but on a car that only 4 days old I expect everything to work as it should. Now I am wondering if the security system is activating since there is no signal.

Thanks

Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

There is a security system indicator on the instrument gauge panel that should blink if the system is armed. (See attached pic.) Lock the car and see if that indicator is blinking; if it is not, they may be the source of your issues.

See my post in this thread regarding how the Honda security system operates for the previous generation Accords, which should be relatively the same as your 2013 Accord.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...nds-car-51873/

Open and closed the hood, sometimes the problem stems from the switch at the hood latch.

Attached Thumbnails Remote door lock signal-security-system-alarm-indicator.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 PM

I just rechecked all the doors and hood and trunk to make sure they are closed tight. But I still don't see any indicator light for the secuity system
come on. I even got in the car locked the doors with the remote and then opened the drivers door, nothing, no alarm, so I guess I will take it back to the dealer and have them look at it.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM

I just bought a 2013 accord EXL and have the same problem. How did you make out at the dealership?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 PM

Never mind. The hood wasn't closed all the way. That solved the problem.