General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace bulb in cluster panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Default Replace bulb in cluster panel

Hello guys, does anyone know how to replace the bulb in the cluster panel? My "D" light is out. Is there any website that shows in detail (with pictures) on how to remove the cluster panel to replace the bulb. I have a 2000 Honda Accord LX Auto. Thanks so much.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
acuragod
Unregistered
Default RE: Replace bulb in cluster panel

Mine went out the other day too! I just hit the cluster with my hand and it came back on.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Argh they probably won't get this but what do you mean your "d" light went out? Are all the other drive lights working? Just not the D one?

Mine starting doing that too. Long story short, I pulled the cluster out and there appears to be only one bulb that lights up all of the drive lights.... I'm at a loss as to why the "D" would be going out.

I, too am struggling to find a website that shows the bulbs in the back. When I pulled the cluster out yesterday to replace the bulb for the speedometre on the right side, I discovered there are 3 different types of bulbs back there. I was not amused since I stocked up on the other bulbs. This next round, I'm going to take pictures. Hopefully that will help others.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:41 PM

That would be awesome This seems to be a pretty hot topic. Removing the cluster is a PITA. Apparently you have to remove the console, radio, etc...
There should be instructions on one of the sites found in the DIY section. 4th post from the top by deserthonda. Links you to a site that shows a free chilton manual to almost any type of car. Haynes also shows the procedure, but you gotta buy one of those for about $15 or $20.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've got the Hayes book and honestly it was good for a basic guide, but if you've got eyeballs, you can take the cluster out.

The first time I did it, I pretty much had most of the dash off. This was also due to the fact I needed to find out why the car was dying on me for fun... especially in traffic. [>:]

This last time, all I did was take off the steering wheel covers, attacked all the screws, removed the cluster plate, and bingo. Had the cluster out.

Accordlx5spd: I think I saw the link you're referring to in regards to the bulbs at the back. All it showed was how to make the console blue and pretty when the lights were on. I'm still only half way searching through the site so I'm sure something will pop up.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:04 PM

I was referring to the link that leads to the online Chilton manual. But I know a lot of times Chilton and Haynes are both kind of worthless[&o]