General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Gear Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Here;
http://imgur.com/hSRXn3c
the instructions are pretty flimsy, my apologies.

but instead of directly connecting the monitor and the camera, I bought a transmitter and receiver that works with it. The transmitter/receiver did not come with any instructions, but its basic; just had a connector that connected to the monitor, and the positive/negative copper wiring for power

Old 03-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

There should be separate power to the camera and to the monitor.

You can use the back-up (reverse) green wire as the power (+) to the camera.

For power to the monitor, I recommend using something like a Littelfuse add-a-circuit and plug into an unused fuse slot in the under-dash fuse box. You can find the add-a-circuit at many local parts store.

Under-dash fuse slot no. 29 and 31 are unused. You can see if there is ignition power there. Even if there wasn't any unused fuse slots, you can use the add-a-circuit to piggy back on a used fuse slot.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGU&cad=rja

Old 03-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The camera and monitor are separate. It's the receiver that is sharing with the monitor in the front, and the transmitter sharing with the camera in the back.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Can you post the transmitter instructions?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

No instructions were given :/
Amazon.com : BW® 2.4G Wireless Color Video Transmitter and Receiver for The Vehicle Backup Camera/Front Car Camera : Display Camera Car Reverse : Car Electronics Amazon.com : BW® 2.4G Wireless Color Video Transmitter and Receiver for The Vehicle Backup Camera/Front Car Camera : Display Camera Car Reverse : Car Electronics

One of the Q/A's is this;

do you need back up light connection at reciever and transmitter

A: It depends on how you want it to behave.
1. If you want the camera and the lcd screen to come live on reverse only, then you want both ends to be powered by the reverse light. Connecting the camera to the reverse light is easy. Finding the reverse light wire on the under the driver kick panel was hard for me. So I powered my LCD panel (and the wireless receiver) using the cigarette lighter. LCD panel has power constantly but it remains dark until it receives signal from the transmitter. i.e. when I am reversing.

2. Connect both ends to constant power (to driving lights) so you have continuous view of the rear. see less

Old 03-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

To play it safe, I would only use the reverse wire as power for the wireless transmitter connected to the camera. For the monitor side, I would use another two separate fused power sources. Like these instructions:

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_339287263_00/1.0x0.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Reverse Gear Wiring?-1.0x0.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Should I use the receiver for cigarette lighter and the monitor for the reverse? Or visa versa? If so, how would I connect the + to the cigarette lighter? Thanks so much! I owe you !

Old 03-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

You don't need to connect to the accessory power socket (Honda doesn't call them a cigarette lighter outlet anymore since they did away with providing a lighter).

• Use an add-a-circuit or two to run power to the monitor and the receiver for the monitor.
  • Use the reverse to run power the the transmitter for the camera.
Add-a-circuit are easy and fast to hook up low amp power.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Once I get the add-a-circuit, what do I do with it? Where do I plug it?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

See post # 22.

Quick Reply: Reverse Gear Wiring?