General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rpms drop and fluctuate when i slow down/brake

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 AM
mari5011
Unregistered
Question rpms drop and fluctuate when i slow down/brake

I have a 98 Accord lx automatic 4cyl. when i come to a stop or close to it, the rpms start to drop and to fluctuate. Recently it's gotten a little worse,and they drop enough that the car kind of shakes. There is no engine light on, and plugging it into a computer showed nothing, so I don't think it's an O2 sensor or somethign like that. I just did a tune-up and that did not help, and i made sure the plugs were gauged right and not too tight. The air filter is clean. The timing belt was done over a year ago. I was going to buy injector cleaner but am worried if it loosens anything up it can get stuck in my lines and block them (since it hasn't had injector cleaner probably ever), which happened to me before on a different car; so I only want to do that if it's the best thing to try next. This problem started about a month ago. Any help would be great!

Old 09-12-2009, 11:03 AM
kevcann33
Unregistered

take some carb spray and spray all the vacume hoses to see if u have a leak if so the idle will change or the motor will kill off i had the same problem with my 98 but it was a evap leak