General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt warning light is on, but the chime does not beep

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:20 AM
Default Seat belt warning light is on, but the chime does not beep

Hi,

I have a Honda Accord Coupe 2005, EX. Recently I find that when I do not wear the seat belt, the warning light is on, but there is no beep.

I would like to get it back. Could someone give me advice on how to diagnose this?

Thank you.
Neo.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I looked at wiring diagram for Reminder Systems in Honda Shop Manual. The wiring diagram suggests two possibilities; the beeper speaker has failed, or wiring fault in the beeper speaker cicuit; damaged wire or loose connection.

The reminder system is part of the gauge control module (gauge panel) and would have to be removed to perform tests.

Do you not get beeps for key in ignition, lights On? Appears to use same beeper so this would confirm beeper fault if no beeps.

good luck

Old 11-01-2015, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
I looked at wiring diagram for Reminder Systems in Honda Shop Manual. The wiring diagram suggests two possibilities; the beeper speaker has failed, or wiring fault in the beeper speaker cicuit; damaged wire or loose connection.

The reminder system is part of the gauge control module (gauge panel) and would have to be removed to perform tests.

Do you not get beeps for key in ignition, lights On? Appears to use same beeper so this would confirm beeper fault if no beeps.

good luck
Thank you for the information.

I do get beeps for key in ignition, and the lights on. Then it means there should be something wrong with the wire, I guess.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Sound for other reminder systems suggests a fault on the "front end" side of the circuit (specific to seat belt reminder). There are a resistor, LED, and driver circuit in series. Fault could be any of these or a circuit board defect (bad solder jts are a common fault in gauge panels).

It may not be worth the effort to revive this circuit. In any case you need a Honda shop manual to guide gauge panel removal and diagnosis. It may be cheaper to simply replace the panel, but this may require getting mileage corrected to match vehicle mileage.

A download shop manual can be purchased from automanualsource.com for $22. Check Online Manuals post in DIY forum for other possible download sources.

good luck

Old 11-02-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Sound for other reminder systems suggests a fault on the "front end" side of the circuit (specific to seat belt reminder). There are a resistor, LED, and driver circuit in series. Fault could be any of these or a circuit board defect (bad solder jts are a common fault in gauge panels).

It may not be worth the effort to revive this circuit. In any case you need a Honda shop manual to guide gauge panel removal and diagnosis. It may be cheaper to simply replace the panel, but this may require getting mileage corrected to match vehicle mileage.

A download shop manual can be purchased from automanualsource.com for $22. Check Online Manuals post in DIY forum for other possible download sources.

good luck
Thank you for your reply. It is too complicated, and probably I will just leave it there.