General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security alarm wont go off

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Default security alarm wont go off

hi everyone, i recently bought a 2002 honda accord. first off, let me mention the remote isnt original, its an aftermarket in case that has anything to do with the problem. ok, so im fooling around with my remote trying to get the trunk to open, but it only has an aux button, and it does nothing... anyway, i pressed one of the other 2 buttons, whether it was once, or twice, or some other sequence i cant remember. anyway, the siren went off and all i new was to cut the wires going to the siren, removing the battery cable first just to stop it. then, i reconnected the battery, now alarm wont sound of course,but i can hear a relay click over and over because its trying to start the alarm, so now, it clicks a few times intermitteny, and the click sounds identical to the signal flasher, it doesnt matter if i lock or lock the car, of driving idown the road, and it does it constantly. how can i stop it??no buttons on remote will t it off, and it seems that nothing does. what is the cure? any know? its driving me nuts, what do i do or unplug to stop the clicking or make the alarm operate as it shoud.... please advise if someone has dealt with that issue. before i drive iin the lake. lol.... thanks in advance.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

If an aftermarket alarm has been installed, this is going to be a bit tricky since the only thing I have to go off of is factory wire diagrams.

Some systems would have a "re-set" button installed somewhere - again it will be located where ever the installer decided to put it - so your guess is as good as mine. Down by the hood latch, lower cover on the drivers side

Can you locate the relay that is "clicking"? If so, what happens if you just unplug it?

Old 10-09-2016, 11:38 PM

thank you poorman 12. ive been busy lately, and am leaving town tomorrow, but ill check it out more on wednsday when i am home. pretty sure it came on the car, because i took off the siren, and the holes looked like they were made from the factory, however, the siren had 2 wires going inside the firewall, also, the switch inside has a red LED, and that came with the car. so im pretty sure its factory. thanks for posting.

EDIT: i could unplug the relay, if i can trace it down. do you know where that would be? if i unplugged it the siren simply wouldnt work..... but when the door chimes from locking or unlocking, does that alco come from the siren? when i first got the car the chimes for the doors worked, but since this incident it no longer works. i dont understand why, i would like the chimes back, but thats not necessary i like them for trying to locate your car.... another thing i dont understand, is the inside lights are supposed to come on when you unlock it, they dont, and never did since i got it. no lights at all flash when you lock or unlock it. im a bit puzzled over the entire problem.

Last edited by sirfredrico123; 10-09-2016 at 11:44 PM.