General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short in hazard lights circuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Default Short in hazard lights circuit

Good Afternoon,

1989 accord LX AT (not car in my sig); battery would drain overnight. I followed the procedure that I have seen around for finding the source of the drain and I traced it to the hazard lights fuse in the under-hood fuse box. Read 0.7amp drain with fuse installed and much less without fuse installed. I have not yet waited overnight to check if the battery is drained but I am fairly sure that was the problem. Where would you recommend that I check in the circuit first as a failure point that would be causing the drain, so as to get the hazard lights working again?

Thanks for reading.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

I hate electrical.....don't tell my Dad or Brother who are both electrical engineers - I guess I missed out on that gene

The fun is that there are a a few different things that are still powered via that fuse even though the key is off/out.

I've had the same issue with the '89 in the driveway. Not a daily but I like to start all of my cars at least every two to three weeks. Anyway in a weeks time it would be dead and I would have to get the battery charger out.....then by some strange thing, in the last month it is not doing it anymore. I'm guessing some small lamp has finally burned out and not draining the battery anymore and since I don't drive it much (only ~200 miles in the last year) I haven't noticed anything not working.