General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

side marker turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Default side marker turn signal

2002 accord se.

before i start, i know that there is a similar thread to this question, but i couldn't view the picture of the schematic that was put up as an answer.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-working-7876/

my side marker turn signals stopped working. the light still works, just not the turn signal. also, only the top half of the tail lights flash when my signals or hazards are on. i'm sure that the side markers flashed, i'm unsure if the whole tail light flashed. my front signals work fine. i checked the fuses for the turn signals and the hazards, both are fine.

the only thing i've done to the electric is i pulled out the radio to add an aux input in the back of an aftermarket radio. when i did this i disconnected the hazards, but now i'm thinking i might have pulled a little hard when they were still hooked up. this is my only thought as to why it may have happened (maybe i disconnected something in the dash?), but i don't know why only the side marker lights and bottom half of the tail lights would be affected. any ideas?

thanks in advance.

pete

Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

That is strange, because the lights on the left that flash will share a common power source, and the ones on the right share a common power source. The left flashing bulbs should have one wire that is the same color and the other wire should be black for ground on all of them. I don't have an 02 wiring diagram, so I can't give specifics.

If your 02 is set up like my old accord, the power is diverted at the hazard switch. You might want to check that you didn't pull any wires loose at the hazard switch. Maybe you didn't get the electrical connection secure?