General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sign of A/C fluid needed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Default Sign of A/C fluid needed?

Got a little smoke coming out of my ac filters. Yikes! Turned it off. Waited a couple days. Turned it on again and, well, sometimes it gives me some of that smoke. I opened up the hood last night and the container connected to the line labeled A/C does look low. But it's not a simple twist of a ****.

I had my 90K checkup and they did a lousy job. I had a light out that even I knew about but the Check List came back with everything marked OK, not needing work. (I settled that with the manager---- not the issue here). I suspected they didn't do a thorough job on the rest, but they assured me otherwise.

Perhaps I just went through a lot of A/C fluid this summer. I doubt it. Sorry to ramble----but does anyone think my smoking A/C is related to needing more fluid?

This is for my dear sweet 95 Accord EX. I'm the original owner, and we have about 86K miles. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

I think that you are talking about your coolant being low. The a/c filter must be the radiator?

It sounds like you are leaking coolant. When the engine is cold, remove the radiator cap, add a 50:50 mix of coolant and water. Drive the car to the shop to get diagnosed, or try to locate the leak yourself.

The radiator cap is #8 in the picture below.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

a couple of things,,,,,,,,,
first off,, honestly i don't have a clue what you need help on, i assume you mean coolant but i don't like to assume when giving advises on car repair
A/c does NOT have filters on a 95 accord..
like PA said,, are you talking about coolant ?? if so what do you mean by ( smoke out of FILTERS ) what is exactly smoking ?? what area in the engine is the smoke at ? \have you looked for leaks of any kind ?? oil, coolant, p/s fluid ,,,,,,,
if you just had the 90k service done , i would have the shop double chk what is going on with your car ....But i cannot give you a proper advise till i know what your issue is ..

you said you went through a lot of fluid this summer ,, did engine overheat ??? is it overheating now ??

Old 09-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I think the OP is talking about smoke coming from the HVAC vents on the dash