General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Entry System Warning Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Default Smart Entry System Warning Indicator

I have a 2013 Honda Accord EX L and the Smart Entry System indicator light has started to come on intermittently. This is after the dealer replaced the audio component when the software updated failed to correct the strange audio issues (audio issues have been well documented in this forum and elsewhere).

The dealer said that if the indicator light is not on when I bring the car or if they can't duplicate the light coming on, in then there is nothing they can do? They say this is not a known problem. Has anyone else seen this warning light and if so, has it been resolved?

I have had this Honda for just over one month and the audio and now this warning light have not made this a happy new car experience. Any advice or help appreciated.

Susan
2014 Honda Accord EX L, 4 CVT

Old 06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Call/try a different dealership or try again with the same dealership. It probably is a faulty relay box (part #3 shown in parts diagram), located under driver side dash.

Attached Thumbnails Smart Entry System Warning Indicator-smart-unit-1486690.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:27 PM

Thank you! I will talk to the dealer again and post the results.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Angry Smart entry system Indicator Accord EXL-Navi 2013

Susan,

I have the same problem, I bougth my Honda Accord in last April and one month later, the smart entry system indicator appears after 15 / 20 minutes of starting on.
My Honda Dealer in Mexico does not know what is the failure and how to fix this matter. they are requesting support to US manufacturing plant in USA.
I am frustrated for this issue, the car is nice and offers good performance, but this indicator makes me crazy, and I dont know if it could affect the system later.

I hope that someone could help me or give me more hints about the root cause of this problem.

Best Regards,
Cesar

Last edited by Cesar Martinez; 07-03-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Smile smart system warning light

Originally Posted by sacald
I have a 2013 Honda Accord EX L and the Smart Entry System indicator light has started to come on intermittently. This is after the dealer replaced the audio component when the software updated failed to correct the strange audio issues (audio issues have been well documented in this forum and elsewhere).

The dealer said that if the indicator light is not on when I bring the car or if they can't duplicate the light coming on, in then there is nothing they can do? They say this is not a known problem. Has anyone else seen this warning light and if so, has it been resolved?

I have had this Honda for just over one month and the audio and now this warning light have not made this a happy new car experience. Any advice or help appreciated.

Susan
2014 Honda Accord EX L, 4 CVT
I have 2013 navi coupe and smae problem with intermittent smart entry warnign light coming on. Went to dealer today, explained posts about relay box, he called back and states Honda now recognizes problem and will fix relay box, hopefully this will remedy issue in the future