General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem Smart-card key system

Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Default Problem Smart-card key system

Hi, I'm new and would love some advice on this issue. I recently purchased a 2007 Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Honda Accord, the CL7 chassis with K20A engine. The car comes with the smart-card key system for keyless start, keyless entry and presumably keyless door lock. To unlock the doors, the holder of the smart-card just grip either of the front door handle and the doors unlock. To lock the doors the holder of the smart-card can just press the button on either of the front door handle and the doors lock, or simple step away from the car. This is where my problem is. I've never seen the doors lock by virtue of me stepping away from the car. I have to always press the button on the door handle for the doors to lock. Is there a particular procedure that has to take place for the doors to lock when I step away with the smart-card ? According to the news bulletin when the car was been launched, http://world.honda.com/news/2002/4021010.html , the car doors should lock once you step away from the car with the smart-card. This is mentioned under Equipment for advanced functionality section.

Please advise how to have this done. I dont know if there is some kind of programming I need to do. Also, all the doors open once either of the front door handle is gripped. Can it be program for the drivers door only to be opened when the driverside door handle is gripped and for all doors open when the passenger side door handle is gripped ?

All useful information will be gladly welcome.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know the answer, but first I'd check by having someone watch the car while you walk away. You may have to be 20 or 30 meters away before it locks.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I don't know the answer, but first I'd check by having someone watch the car while you walk away. You may have to be 20 or 30 meters away before it locks.
I tried that but it didnt work. I suspect there might be some programmin procedure but im not sure.