General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

So the 6th generation accords have a door lock actuator at all 4 doors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Default So the 6th generation accords have a door lock actuator at all 4 doors?

Hi guys,

Over the years the electric door locks on my 99 4cyl accord lx have gone bad. The driver side still works fine but the other 3 range from not working at all to being finicky.

It is my understanding that the likely culprit is the door lock actuators. After searching the threads here I thought there were 2 actuators - one for each side, but the parts stores sell rear actuators as well. Is this the case and if so what's the best way to get to them? at 30-50 a pop 4 of them seems like a bit of a pricey fix.... i think i'd rather upgrade my intake for that kind of money. obviously they still work manually...

Old 03-01-2011, 05:29 AM

anyone?

Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 AM

my car has the same problem, i havent fixed it yet but i did get prices from honda for the rear lock actuators. I do believe that each door has one. and im on the same boat with you with the price. ive been sucking it up for about three months and just hitting the locks manually.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 AM

I hear you. It's hard to justify this fix considering the fact that A-i'm not 100% sure this is the problem and B- the locks still work, just are less convenient ;p

The windows all work - and the actual button seems to work - in other words if i press the door lock button on the passenger side then the same locks that always work work. incidentally manually pushing the driver side lock down locks all the rest - but again, this works at the same rate as the door-lock button.

pain in the butt. plus i cant think of a single excuse to use my compressor in this fix ;p

Old 03-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

There's a lock motor on each door - maybe you saw something from a 2-door owner?

So your locks all work properly when you physicall push/pull the **** on each door? Then it sure sounds like the lock motor (actuator). Or maybe flaky electrical connections to that motor.

I'd take off the door panels & have a look around. Don't know if it would be a good idea to use air tools for that...

Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 AM

yeah i agree with jim, most likely its the actual actuators themselves.