General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Won't Open Rear Doors - Doors Then Lock On Their Own?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Remote Won't Open Rear Doors - Doors Then Lock On Their Own?

I have a 2006 Accord SE Sedan and this morning when I went to unlock the car, I needed to put something on the back seat, when I hit the unlock button twice (the function for unlocking all of the doors on the car), the back doors as well asfront passenger doorrefused to unlock, only the driver's side door would unlock. Sometimes it would work, then sometimes it wouldn't on subsequent tries. It now will not unlock anything but the driver's side front door. I have tried this with both keys only getting the same result. The power locks all work fine from inside the car when you lock or unlock them from the switch on the inside driver's side door. Also, after unsuccessfully attempting to unlock the doors with the remote, after starting the car, all 4 doors lock or attempt to lock on their own (if they are locked already)3-4 times. Any ideas???

Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 PM

I checked with an on-line mechanic I know and he indicated it might be the BCM, Body Control Module. That is like another computer module... but just for things in the interior of the vehicle. So, the door locks MIGHT be controlled by it. He just wasn't sure with a Honda. There are a number of sites you can go to (Google "Body Control Module" ) to find out more about the BCM. At least you can get a good education. The down side is that if this is the problem it doesn't look like a job a shade tree mechanic (like me) can either accurately diagnose or fix.

BTW why did I ask him the question to begin with....I'm having the same problem as you....see my post with the same subject on the 2006 Accord. Unfortunately, just as is the case with you, no one has provided a response to my query. I'm going to post on COLOR=#234786]http://www.trustmymechanic.com/forum/[/COLOR][/URL] to see if I can possibly get a response from someone in that community.

Since we're "soulmates" on this issue, please let me know if you learn anything. I'll be glad to do likewise.

Rob (dads3boys@yahoo.com)