Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Remote Won't Open Doors, But Works Otherwise

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Default Remote Won't Open Doors, But Works Otherwise

I have a DEI 467 remote, which was installed when I purchased the car in 1996.

Just recently, the doors won't open when I try to enter the car. The alarm and ignition locks work fine, i.e both go off when I press the button to enter. Also, when I leave, the doors lock, and the alarm and ignition locks both are armed when I press the button.

At this point, I'm interested in the convenience of remote door opening and closing The alarm is useless, as it was from day one, for protecting the car.

If anybody has an idea, let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 PM

I've had this happen with old remotes. Take the remote apart. The area underneath the accual button or the bottom of the button itself is probably dirty. Just clean it. That's probably all it needs.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

you say the doors won't "open". do you mean they won't unlock? so the disarm button will turn off the alarm but not unlock the doors?

if the button was bad, then you couldn't turn off the alarm. the unarm button should also unlock the doors.

note that unlock is a separate wire from lock. it could simply be a bad connection in the driver's door (where the door lock interface should be).

Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have a 5th gen with an aftermarket alarm

The common place to tie into the door lock interface is the harness running under the dash on the drivers side.

I do agree with K_H_A (which is quite common for me) that you have a bad connection on the unlock wire from the alarm.

See if you can go online and find the wire diagram for the alarm then trace the Unlock output wire and fix the bad connection which if I had to guess will be a butt slice which has come loose.