General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

so I bled my brakes today

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: so I bled my brakes today

thanks for the offer, but after bleeding the rear two a third time the problem seems to be okay now. Still no air bubbles came out, but the fluid was a dark, murky brown and I kept pumping it till it was cleanish (still darker, but more like apple juice than crude oil). Car still seems mushier than I'd like it when I'm in park, but when I went for a test drive and did some emergency braking to test out my brakes, the car seemed to do emergency stops as it should. Perhaps Im too used to my parents cars which have a rubber stop at the end of the brake pedal rather than a metal one, so when you push it to floor it feels like your still making a difference in the braking ability, rather than the pedal just stopping.

thanks for the help.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Klrspz, go with the Helm book for brake bleeding order.

Its pretty old-school to go in order of distance from MC. With diagonal brakes (1970s) you bleed diagonally like RR-LF-LR-RF.

With ABS its all about which line is more likely to push air into which other line. So it depends on the plumbing details which really dont depend on distance.

From 1998 to at least 2006the Accord order is LF-RF-RR-LR.

If you do the wrong order, theonly badthing seems to be you have to go around & around a few times before all the air is gone.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ah ok, the diagonal thing is new to me; never heard of that... but it sorta makes sense the way you explained it..

cool, so there's the definitive order