General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solved a no start problem..here is how...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
flashbang
Unregistered
Default Solved a no start problem..here is how...

I solved my no start problem thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. Here is what happened and what I did...hope it helps someone else.

My fiances accord decided not to start one day. It cranked very strong, but just wouldnt start. I listened for the fuel pump to come on and there was nothing. Magically, the car started after a few tries and I got it home. Tried to start it again with no luck, it would either start and quickly shut down, or not start at all. I checked all the fuses mentioned in previous posts...all were good. I then found the main relay on the left of the steering column and checked the connector for voltage...checked out fine. Attempted to test the relay for continuity, but the terminals in the Haynes manual did not agree with the terminal markings on the actual relay...caused me a bit of confusion, so I gave up on that. I decided to add power to the Black/Yellow wire, with the relay attached to the connector, which goes to the fuel pump. The pump came on and the car started...even kept running when I removed the key. For $43 bucks I purchased a new relay and the car starts fine now.

Thanks to everyone who posts in this forum...I just wanted to give something back.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update. Post this over into your original thread so people see it together with the original problem.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 AM
flashbang
Unregistered

Actually, I did not post my problem. I just read through other peoples threads and started troubleshooting. Lots of excellent info on this forum.