General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sport light

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:27 AM
mcmillin2008
Unregistered
Exclamation sport light

I have a 1991 Accord. My problem is that the sport light on the dash will not go off. The car will not go over 40 mph and when it does it causes the car to shift back down. Which is not good when you are in traffic. It went off one time by itself but that only lasted a couple of minutes. Is there anyway to disable this or how can I fix it. Its never been used before so it wont hurt me if I cant use it. It hasnt been driven in a couple of weeks and I really need my car back. We tried un doing the battery terminals but that didnt help at all. Any help on this matter would be a huge help.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thr first thing I'd suggest is that you check for a stored code.
Jumper the BLUE 2 pin connector at the passenger side kick panel, turn on the key and check for 'S' light flash code.
My experience with bad TCUs is that unhooking the battery resets the unit and the trans will shift normally the FIRST time thru, then throw the code and shift wrong again.
Usually if you have a code the problem is an electrical part.
Beyond that...grab up the service manual and your guage set; hook up to the pressure test ports on the trans case, and find out what is really going on.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
mcmillin2008
Unregistered

Thanks Ill tell my husband and see if he can do that. Anythings worth a shot at this point.