General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Transmission Indicator Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 11:42 AM
rpierce0524
Unregistered
Default Sport Transmission Indicator Light

I ask for patience first and foremost, I don't mean to slam so many problems into one post but here we go... This is on a 1990 Accord LX 2 door, 4 cylinder, auto tranny.

Just like a previous post, I, too, have recently had my sport indicator light stuck on without using the switch. Intermittent at first, it now seems to completely stuck. When placed in drive, acceleration is sluggish at best until past second gear. There is no slipping, no hard shifting, and no odd noises. If you switch automatically through the gears starting in low 1, acceleration is fine. The indicator light never blinked, just comes on and now stays on.

The second problem I have suddenly had creep up is a rather bad loping while idling in park. This doesn't occur once the engine has warmed up and normally happens only for 5-10 minutes at a time, but does seem to be increasing.

My third problem is an annoying rattle during accleration. I've checked for sticky valves and bad injectors and have thus far come up empty. The best way I can describe the noise is like a baby rattle. This occurs only when accelerating and eases off when you let off the gas.

My fourth, and final, issue is with my brake system. About a month ago my front brakes starting to grind horribly and I was leaking fluid like no tomorrow. In the end, I had to replace both rear drums, all four rotors (warped beyond use) and my front discs. The grinding is still occuring. I took the vehicle in to a brake repair shop and the mechanic said he could find nothing wrong with the brakes. Any suggestions?

-RP