General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky Noise Coming From A Stop

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Default Squeaky Noise Coming From A Stop

I own a '96 accord lx w/ a f22b engine non v-tech . When i'm letting off the clutch at a stop , a squeaky noise happens like the sound bad brakes make . And this noise continues till about 15 mph . It only happens occasionally and usually when the car has just started . and after driving for 5 min or so it usually goes away . it's still annoying and somewhat embarrassing and i'd really like to hear some tips on this and what to do about it . any feedback will be appreciated . thank you .

Old 01-23-2014, 05:38 PM

Hm, I think you may have diagnosed the problem there yourself. You said it sounds like a sound bad brakes make. What it seems like to me is that maybe something minor is wrong, like a worn out bad or warped/damaged rotor and until the rotors heat up from regular driving you have some unpleasant sound. I'd say check your pads and rotors before anything, just to get that out of the way. And if that happens to be the culprit, it's not a difficult thing to fix anyways. Whens the last time you changed them? Does the sound come from the front or the back?

I've had a large amount of unpleasant noises coming from my brakes over a long period of time, usually it all comes down to finding a good brand (if not just stick with OEM) and breaking them in properly.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

With the engine running & transmission in neutral, can you make the same sound by operating the clutch pedal the same way? I'm thinking about the pivot of the clutch throw-out fork needing some grease?