General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling randomly...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
jtmosher
Unregistered
Default Stalling randomly...

i have a 99 accord 4cyl EX .
My problem is that my car is stalling randomly.

It seems to be almost completely random with it sometimes happening more frequently during warmer weather.

It stalls sometimes when: coming to a stop, accelerating away from a stop, and has at least once, stalled while driving at highway speeds. Lately when is stalls it has been at or during a stop, and when i go to restart it, it will stall immedietally 2-3 more times. Then will start back up and run fine.

The stalling has been getting more frequent lately and also i noticed that sometimes during normal driving and accelerating it will feel like the car stumbles for like half a second and then all is normal.

Most recently what is happening is- it will stall usually when coming to a stop, then i will try to start it back up and it will not start but does turn. After it dies the first time i try to start it twice and it doesnt start either time. Almost always on the 3rd attemp it will start up just fine.

Any ideas? What should i check first?
I noticed all the threads about the main relay so I'm going to look into that.

----------------------
99 Accord EX | 4cyl.
Sedan | AT

Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Default RE: Stalling randomly...

replace the electrical portion of the ignition switch.

there is a recall to fix this, it's based on the vin number. post your vin number and i'll look it up, or call a dealer and ask if the recall 02-031 applies.